The WiFi CL3000 allows you to access log files remotely across two modes:
Access Point mode and Station mode. Further,
the CL3000 has a built-in real-time clock with battery backup.
The CL3000 offers simple and user friendly logging of data from a CAN-bus without the use of a computer.
Data are stored on a 16 GB SD-card in a simple format so that it can be directly loaded into an analysis tool for post processing.
The logged data can be transferred rapidly via WiFi at up to 70 Mbps (9 MB/s) - or via USB.
With Station mode, the CL3000 is able to connect to a WiFi hotspot - e.g. a router, smartphone hotspot or mobile truck hotspot. This makes it ideal for logging CAN bus, J1939 or OBD2 data at scale in e.g. vehicle fleet applications.
Simply access each logger while on the network to download the log files - or use our pull scripts to automatize the process.
Further, we soon expect to release an FTP push mode that will allow the logger to push log files to an FTP server when the logger is connected to a hotspot. This will allow you to continuously collect data across e.g. hundreds of loggers. With our free CANvas software, it's easy to then convert (using *.DBC files) and optionally merge / down sample the data. The result is an extremely convenient wireless CAN bus data logger - at an amazing price.
Like our CL1000/2000, the CL3000 also has a range of advanced features.
In particular, the device offers a wide range of configuration possibilities, such as message filtering, down-sampling, automatic bit-rate detection, cyclic-logging, heartbeat signal and runtime logging control. Further, recently added features include the ability to transmit up to 20 custom CAN messages (for use in e.g. OBD-II logging) and a new serial interface letting the logger act as a wired CAN interface for streaming real-time data (incl. integration with Wireshark via CANvas).
The ability to enable message filtering and configure which data fields to log combined with the huge available storage capacity makes the device suitable for long-term stand-alone data logging.
The device configuration can be done on a PC and requires no special software - or via our free CANvas software. To simplify the device configuration and to test the CAN-bus connection, the device supports real-time CAN-bus traffic to be displayed directly on a PC using the USB-connection.
The device uses a standard D-sub 9 connector to connect to the CAN-bus and a removable mini-USB cable to connect to a PC. Refer to the product manual for a connector pinout.
For great guides & intros on key features of the CLX000, check out our GUIDES section!
- A 2-in-1 CAN analyzer: Wireless CAN logger and wired real-time CAN interface
- Wireless transfer of log data via "Access Point" or "Station" modes (LAN standard 802.11 b/g/n)
- Access data wirelessly via PC, laptop, tablet or phone - locally or online
- WiFi security via WEP, WPA, WPA2 and customizable password
- 16 GB SD card included for stand-alone CAN bus recording
- Rapid wireless CAN data transfer up to 70 Mbps (~9 MB/s)
- Real-time clock with battery backup for date & time stamping CAN data
SIMPLE TO USE
- "Plug-and-log" right out of the box - incl. bit-rate auto-detection support
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO-11898-2) to log e.g. J1939, CANopen, OBD2
- Supports 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers
- Compact and robust enclosure the size of a matchbox
- Powered via USB or CAN bus (standard DB9 connector, with optional J1939 or OBD2 adaptor)
- Low power usage (~1 watt in default logging mode) - no risk of battery drainage
- Logger status easily visible via 3 external LEDs
FREE POWERFUL SOFTWARE
- Free CANvas software for easy configuration, streaming & raw data conversion (*.DBC support)
- User-friendly real-time CAN bus streaming via Wireshark - incl. live *.DBC or OBD2 conversion
- Option to merge log files and down-sample converted CAN bus data for convenient post analysis
- Built-in option to convert raw log files to PEAK or Vector CANalyzer formats
- Advanced configurations incl. filters, transmitting, heartbeat, control signals, cyclic logging
- Designed in Denmark; Made in USA
- CE, FCC, IC, RoHS certified
- 2-year warranty
- Free, high quality and fast technical support from our Danish team
- Free firmware/software upgrades
For more detailed information, please refer to the product manual.
Get a preview of a CL2000 example log file (the 3000 is similar).
The logger firmware is regularly updated with new features & improvements. For latest updates cf. the changelog.
||Data logger and real-time CAN interface
||Logger status via three externally visible LEDs
||Supports free firmware updates for adding features
||Free CANvas software for configuration, streaming & conversion
||CE, FCC, IC, RoHS certified
||Compliant with physical layer standard ISO 11898-2
||Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-Bit ID) and 2.0B (29-Bit ID)
||Bit rates up to 1 Mbps (manually configured or automatically detected)
||Protocol independent (i.e. able to log J1939, CANopen, OBD2, ...)
||Advanced message filtering on four configurable channels
||Yes (does not affect CAN-bus transmission)
||The device does not terminate the CAN-bus internally
||16 GB SD card (not replaceable in CL3000)
||Yes (CAN messages are time-stamped with 1ms resolution)
||Logging state (enabled/disabled) can be changed run-time using a CAN-bus control message
||Supports heartbeat signal to periodically indicate logger status
||Supports cyclic logging mode (oldest log file is deleted when file system is full)
||Channel specific message down-sampling to reduce frequency of logged messages
||Transmit up to 20 customized CAN bus messages (e.g. for OBD2 queries)
||Standard FAT file system
||Access Point (AP) and Station (STA)
|Wireless Transfer Speed
||Up to ~70 Mbps (~9 MB/s)
||WEP, WPA, WPA2 and customizable password
|Power via CAN-bus
||Power can be supplied from CAN-bus or from the USB
|Via CAN bus
||Power supplied by the CAN bus (+7.0V to +36V DC)
||Reverse voltage protection on CAN-bus supply
||Transient voltage pulse protection on CAN-bus supply
|Power via USB
||Power supplied by USB (+5.0V DC)
||The logger's power consumption is approximately 1 W
||Robust, small enclosure
||66.7 x 42.7 x 23.5 mm (L x W x H)
||Standard D-sub 9 (DB9) connector (OBD2, J1939 adaptor optional)
||Operating temperature: -20degC to +80degC
||Built-in real-time-clock with calendar and battery backup
||Date and time information are added to log files
||Battery backup with more than two years of battery capacity
||IP Rating 30
The CL3000 is currently available with a built-in 16 GB SD card. If you want to upgrade to a larger card, please contact us.
Connector adaptor options
D-sub 9 to OBD-II connector adaptor. Commonly used in passenger vehicles.
D-sub 9 to J1939 connector adaptor. Commonly used in heavy-duty vehicles.