LIVE STREAM CAN BUS DATA
As a new feature, the CANLoggerX000 is no longer “just” a data logger. It now also serves as a fully functional CAN interface - which means you can live stream CAN bus data directly on your PC. With CANvas, it takes just 2 clicks to start streaming!
We decided early on not build a custom GUI from scratch for the live stream. Instead, we power it via the World’s most popular network analyzer, Wireshark. But it doesn’t end there: We also designed a free, open source & powerful plugin for Wireshark to infuse a number of critical CAN bus features.
- Advanced and highly customizable message/data filtering
- Plugin DBC support to stream human-readable data (aka engineering values)
- Plugin OBD2 dissector, allowing you to convert all standard parameters
- Plugin ‘Live View’ (trace), showing a fixed view of unique CAN IDs and highlighting all changes to data bytes - powerful for CAN sniffing/hacking
- Intuitive real-time graphical plots of converted data (e.g. OBD2, J1939, …)
- Easily export to multiple formats incl. *.csv, *.c, *.txt and more
- Load a CANLoggerX000 log file to leverage the Wireshark & Plugin features
- Connect to the logger while data logging and leverage all the above
… and much more!
If you’re interested, check out our GUIDES page for several articles on the Live Stream features - incl. OBD2 dissector, DBC conversion, CAN Live IDs and more.